2021-09-21, updated: 2021-09-22
We are happy to announce Nyxt 2.2.0. Lot's of new features and architectural changes!
show-qrcode-of-current-urlcommand. (Thanks to @ag91!)
- Macro editor: interactively record command macros with
edit-macro. Macros can be saved to the
- New action for the
switch-buffercommand to delete selected buffers.
- Support for GTK clipboard. (Thanks to @shamazmazum!)
- Deprecated commands no longer show in the
titlerwindow slot to allow customizing the window title.
jump-to-headingnow also lists content keywords.
- Various manual and tutorial improvements and fixes. (Thanks to @pdelfino!)
Don't forward printable characters in vi-normal-mode.
Concretely, pressing an unbound letter won't insert it in an HTML input.
New VI status and prompt buffer indicator. (Thanks to @edgar-vincent!)
Both the status area and the prompt buffer now display a colored indicator for
- New navigation commands:
- Password commands set the default input to the current host.
- Anonymous commands are now allowed in keybindings (e.g. with
describe-variablecan now describe compound values recursively, such as lists of variables.
execute-extended-commandperforms type checking and prefills default values.
cl-webkitto version 3.0.0.
We've introduced an API-breaking change to the
nyxt/history-treelibrary: now all its call points take an owner as parameter. This has allowed us to fix the constant history corruptions.
Element hinting overhaul
It should be now faster, better integrated and more exhaustive (such as drop-down buttons).
A new DOM parser has been developed. As a result, much of the former Parenscript code has been replaced by pure Lisp code.
New 'panel' buffers.
Panel buffers can be used to display arbitrary information on the side of a window. A few new commands are thus introduced:
- Input area no longer stutters when updating the display.
- Key press responsiveness has been dramatically improved.
- The prompt is properly refreshed when pasting to it.
resume-promptto make it more useful.
It's particularly useful to resume a search.
It makes it easier for users to execute commands and supply parameters.
- Clicking on modes now describes them.
- New '+' button to toggles modes.
- Arbitrary HTML is now allowed for mode glyphs.
Support for buffer tree relationships
switch-buffer-nextbrowse the buffer tree in a depth-first fashion.
switch-buffer-lastcommand to easily switch back and forth between the 2 most recent buffers.
list-bufferscan now display the the buffers as a tree.
- Fix slow buffer and prompt-buffer creation on FreeBSD. (Thanks to @shamazmazum!)
- Various fixes with the password manager commands.
- Don't crash when an error occurs in a GTK signal.
- Start up errors due to flawed user init files now lead to a restart of Nyxt without init file.
Fix endless compilation of =tutorial.lisp= when SBCL dynamic space size to low.
cl-markupwas replaced by
- Fix potential dead-lock in
buffer-history-treethat showed a truncated tree.
Did you enjoy this article? Register for our newsletter to receive the latest hacker news from the world of Lisp and browsers!
- Maximum one email per month
- Unsubscribe at any time